- Choice Checking
These valuable services are included with your account for a base monthly service fee that you can reduce or eliminate just by using your debit card to make purchases.
The account that revolves around you!
This is one account that revolves around you. From online and local discounts, to ID Fraud protection and identity restoration, you enjoy the purchasing power and peace of mind you deserve.
Enjoy rebates from national retailers and great instant discounts with local merchants.
This account includes Identity Protection and ID Fraud Restoration that helps resolve issues on your behalf.
- Merchant Rewards
Savings made simple.
Boost your buying power with our online savings program and receive great discounts and rebates at local and national retailers. You'll have access to savings on everything from daily necessities to big screen TVs. Your membership in this exclusive discount program comes at no extra cost -- it's included with your Choice Checking account. To get started, go to www.anywhererewards.com and create a username and password. Remember to have your checking account information with you when you sign up.
Enjoy rebates of up to 30% at some of the biggest brand name online retailers. Simply make your purchase and the rebate will be automatically deposited back into your checking account.
Whether you're looking for a bite to eat, heading to the mall, or planning a big weekend, you'll always have ways to save. Simply enter your zip code to find discounts and specials at nearby retailers. It's that easy!
Just clip and print our free, online grocery coupons to save on food and household products at your local supermarket -- everyday savings for your everyday living.
And remember...when you pay with your check card, you'll be erasing your Choice Checking monthly service fee too!
- Fraud Protection
Comprehensive protection for complete peace of mind.
REAL-TIME ID PROTECTION
With around-the-clock monitoring, we help ensure that your identity has not been compromised. This protection begins immediately after you enroll and we monitor up to six debit and credit cards and all personal information that you provide. If we detect anything unusual, we notify you immediately.
To access Identity Protection, simply log on to www.myidguardonline.com to enroll. Your username is the last six digits of your Social Security Number plus the first five digits of your zip code, separated by a dash (123456-12345) for the primary account holder. The password is the date of birth for the primary account holder (MMDDYYYY).
Note: for security, please change your password after you log in for the first time.
If you suspect your identity has been compromised, our Restoration Specialists are just a toll-free phone call away. A dedicated professional will provide hands-on assistance to restore your identity while you get on with your life. We contact all affected vendors and/or agencies on your behalf, including credit card companies, financial institutions, all three credit reporting agencies, local and federal courts, Social Security Administration, and the Department of Motor Vehicles.
To access restoration services, simply call (866) 941-4586 to be connected with one of our restoration experts
You will also be automatically enrolled in a Lost Wallet Service. As the name implies, if you lose your wallet, we work with you to replace those crucial items, including your driver's license and/or personal ID, credit cards, debit cards, and medical cards--the things you rely on every day.
To access wallet replacement services, simply call (866) 941-4586 to be connected with one of our wallet replacement experts.
- How It Works
Say good-bye to your monthly service fee.
In addition to Merchant Rewards and Fraud Protection, you also have the power to reduce or even eliminate your monthly service fee, just by using your debit card. The more you swipe your card, the smaller your fee becomes.
Begin each qualification cycle with a $4.95 monthly service fee.
Reduce the fee by $1.00 when you receive secure online eStatements.
SWIPE YOUR CHECK CARD
Reduce the fee by $0.20 each time a debit card purchase posts and clears during the qualification cycle.
What are the features of Choice Checking?
- Choice Checking offers great national and local discounts, Identity Protection and ID Fraud Restoration. In addition, you have the ability to reduce the monthly service fee per monthly qualification cycle by doing things you probably already do.
How do the national and local discounts work?
- Visit www.anywhererewards.com to enroll and take advantage of cash rebates, local discounts and grocery coupons. For online purchases at national retailers, rebates are automatically deposited back into your checking account. For local discounts and grocery coupons, simply print the coupons to redeem in-store.
Is there a limit to the number of discounts I can use?
- No. You enjoy as many of the discounts, coupons and online rebates as you like.
Can anyone use www.anywhererewards.com to get the discount?
- Only current Choice Checking account holders are eligible to receive these discounts.
How do I access Identity Protection?
- Visit www.myidguardonline.com to register and securely enter your personal information to be monitored. Your username is the last six digits of your Social Security Number, plus the first five digits of your zip code, separated by a dash (123456-12345). The password is the 8-digit date of birth (MMDDYYYY) for the primary account holder. Your information is monitored around the clock and you are immediately notified if anything unusual is detected.
How many cards can I have monitored?
- You can register up to six debit and/or credit cards for protection.
What is ID Fraud Restoration and how does it work?
- If you suspect your identity has been compromised, simply call 866-941-4586 toll-free to be connected with a fraud specialist. This dedicated expert provides hands-on assistance to restore your identity on your behalf.
What is the monthly fee for this account?
- Choice Checking has a $4.95 monthly service fee. But you can reduce or eliminate the fee each monthly qualification cycle by having check card purchases post and clear your account. You can also sign up for e-Statements to reduce your fee by $1.00.
How do I reduce or eliminate my monthly service fee?
- Receiving e-Statements reduces your fee by $1.00 for each qualification cycle. You can further reduce the fee by $0.20 for each qualified check card purchase that posts and clears your account within the qualification cycle, until the fee is eliminated.
Can I "roll over" check card purchases to eliminate my fee in the next qualification cycle?
- No. Once the fee is eliminated, additional check card purchases in that qualification cycle will not count toward the following cycle's qualifications.
What is the difference between my qualification cycle and statement cycle?
- The statement cycle for Choice Checking ends on the last business day of each month.
- The qualification cycle will always begin with the last day of the previous statement cycle, and end the business day prior to the next statement cycle date.
How do I open a Choice Checking account?
- Simply visit one of our branches or click Apply Now on this site to get started.
Is there a minimum balance to open a Choice Checking account?
- The minimum opening deposit is $100.00.
Is there a minimum balance required to maintain the account or to receive the benefits?
- There is no minimum balance required to maintain the account or receive the benefits.
How do I deposit money?
- Use Direct Deposit for your payroll or government checks; this gives you instant access to your funds without having to visit a branch. Most employers and most government agencies offer this free service. If your employer does offer Direct Deposit, great! They'll have you fill out a simple form and you'll be good to go.
- Wire transfer money from your current account into your newly opened account (contact Eastwood Bank for details).
- Mail your checks to Eastwood Bank.
How do I access my money?
- Shortly after opening a Choice Checking account, Eastwood Bank sends you a free Visa check card. Use this card anywhere that accepts Visa.
- If you'd still like to use paper checks, just contact Eastwood Bank to get set up.
- Choice Checking also has free Internet Banking. With Internet Banking, you can access your account from anywhere you have an Internet connection. Bank online to pay bills, view account activity, transfer funds between accounts and confirm deposit amounts.
Do checks come with this account?
- Yes, you can still get and use checks as you would with any checking account. After opening your Choice Checking account, contact Eastwood Bank for details on ordering your checks.
How do I check my balance?
- Eastwood Bank offers free Internet Banking with 24-hour access to your account information.
- Contact Eastwood Bank toll free at 1-888-810-0659 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be glad to assist you.
What if I need to talk to someone at the institution?
- Simply call Eastwood Bank any of our Eastwood branches or email us at email@example.com and we'll provide the same great service you get when you visit one of our branches.
Is Choice Checking insured?
- Yes. Choice Checking is insured by the FDIC.